Wednesday, November 16, 2011

School pictures....OH NO!

It's school picture time!  School pictures make this mama very nervous for many reasons--to name a few:
  1. My kid hates pictures.  Seriously, she won't even look at a camera 99% of the time.
  2. The 1% of the time when she does look at a camera, she can't smile naturally to save her life.  I quit telling her to "say cheese" because what I get ends up looking like a rabid dog showing teeth right before biting you.
  3. She has crazy hair.  Her hair, with crazy curls--which I have never cut--just gets bigger, not longer.  She won't wear bows, headbands or hair ties (I tried bribery that morning to no avail), and recombing it is risky due to frizz. 
  4. I lost the damn order form!  I had it for approximately forty-three seconds when I picked her up from school.  I'm fairly certain the evil gremlins in my car stole it.
  5. They want an arm and a leg for only one shot (compounded by stressor #2 above).  There were about five-thousand combinations in the package, including the backdrop color, orientation, name or no name, and how close of a crop you want.  Just kill me now.  I'm sitting at a table and chair sized for three-year olds with my knees to my chin trying to fill out the form.  I'm already going to be late for work as it is.  At least I remembered my checkbook.
So after all that, and all the waiting for pictures to be delivered, here's my baby girl's first official school pictures.....

{cheeeeeeeese}



1 comment: